Dan & Manny invite special guest Pop singer Kadence to help put 5🎵🎺Ska & Punk Cover Songs to the ultimate test--THE NOSTALGIA TEST. The 5 songs are:
- 🚶MXPX - (I'm Gonna Be) 500 Miles
- 🎈Goldfinger - 99 Red Balloons
- ⚡Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal
- 💕New Found Glory - The Glory Of Love
- 🥰Reel Big Fish - Take On Me
Dan, Manny, & Kadence have one of the deepest conversations on record about the genre of Ska music, they take New Found Glory to task, and it wouldn't be The Nostalgia Test Podcast if Manny didn't bring up Cobra Kai.
And much more, including:
- 1 min: Shameless plug for Episode 46: 🥊Rocky w/ Measuring the Score. The 🥊Rocky franchise journey begins!
- 1min 25 sec: Notice the amazing sound quality now?! Dan’s mic is here!
- Stream Kadence's last single, "Broken."
- On June 4th, Kadence’s NEW single “Sign Me Up” will be available to stream.
- 4 min 26 sec: Our first tangent is a deep discussion about the creative journey, being an artist, & we learn even more about our guest Kadence.
- 8 min 31 sec: Manny tells us a story about going to a New Found Glory show and hearing them play only covers, specifically a cover of “Let it Go.”
- 12 min 25 sec: We learn about Manny’s personal connection to “I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)”
- 22 min 31 sec: Manny reminisces about the glory days of burning CDs and charging people money with our longtime friend Dave (check out Ep.48:💋💀 Kiss of Death) for burned CD mixtapes.
- RIP Tower Records
- 23 min 55 sec: Dan & Manny try to figure out why Ska never really took off.
- 24 min 49 sec: Kadence does an amazing comparison of Ska & House music.
- 25 min 31 sec: There’s an awesome Kadence Tangent.
- The Blue Angel
- 26 min 34 sec: The Ska conversation goes even deeper.
- 27 min 17 sec: Let’s talk about the influence of Z100 & Elvis Duran.
- 34 min 26 sec: Manny unpacks the concept of “Muchness” and its connection to Nostalgia. This podcast just got deep!
- 38 min 47 sec: Let’s talk about “Smooth Criminal," MJ’s version & Alien Ant Farm’s cover.
- 41 min 32 sec: Kadence tells an amazing story about his first job when he was a kid.
- 48 min 36 sec: Manny starts a Karate Kid tangent that, you guessed it, brings up Cobra Kai!
- 51 min 36 sec: Manny almost loses his shoe in a New Found Glory mosh pit.
- 54 min 9 sec: You knew a discussion of Karate Kid Part 2, the weirdest Karate Kid, was coming.
- Manny loves Reel Big Fish, and he doesn’t care who knows it!
- Shout out to Bryce Larsen: Episode 47: 🎶Early 2000s One-Hit Wonders
- 60 min 39 sec: Kadence does a great breakdown and comparison of A-ha’s “Take on Me” vs Reel Big Fish’s version.
- Shout out to Less Than Jake & No Doubt.
- 66 min 23 sec: Who would’ve thought there would be such a deep discussion about Ska music in this episode?!
- 69 min 16 sec: We can all learn a lesson about longevity, passion, & harnessing your audience from 311.
Listen To & Follow Kadence on:
Instagram | Facebook | Spotify | Apple Music | YouTube
Stream Kadence's newest single “Sign Me Up” on June 4th across all digital/streaming platforms
The Nostalgia Test Podcast:
✉️ Join the mailing list | 💡 Suggest a Test
Apple Podcasts | Spotify | YouTube | Stitcher | iHeart Radio
Follow The Nostalgia Test Podcast:
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
This was recorded on May 17th, 2021.
The intro and outro music ('Neon Attack 80s') is by Emanmusic.
The other music ("ABCD") is by Pudge. Any other music you hear, The Nostalgia Test Podcast does not own.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.