Dan & Manny invite actor Rob McCaffery from the Sanity is Overrated podcast to put the 1993 cult-classic Airborne to the ultimate test--THE NOSTALGIA TEST. Dan, Manny, and Rob attempt to make sense out of Mitchell Goosen's choice to bring a surfboard to land-locked Cincinnati, Ohio in the middle of winter, they try to figure out if this a surfing movie or a rollerblading movie, or a hockey movie, and who can forget all of Goosen's Baja Hoodies.
They also dive into:
- Jacob Vargas (Snake) being the actual hero of this movie.
- Jack Black, Seth Green, & Alanna Ubach saving this film.
- The comedy genius of Edie McClurg & Patrick Thomas O'Brien
- Why does Goosen rollerblade without socks?
And much more, including:
- The Hogan Family
- WPIX Weekend Movies
- Goosen is a mix of:
- Tom Sawyer
- Huckleberry Finn
- Why do Goosen's Aunt & Uncle call each other Father & Mother?
- There are WAY too many montages!
- And let's not forget all of the Goosen monologues!
- Is this Cincinnatti town where Tommy Boy was shot? Or is this where Gung Ho was shot?
- Manny does an amazing rollerblade monologue.
- Was a PB&J burger a thing?
- We write an epilogue for Airborne.
- Why we need a Robot Chicken Airborne episode.
- The only important thing Goosen does is pull Blaine's pants down.
The Nostalgia Test Podcast:
✉️ Join the mailing list | 💡 Suggest a Test
Apple Podcasts | Spotify | YouTube | Stitcher | iHeart Radio
Follow The Nostalgia Test Podcast:
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
We recorded this on March 1st, 2021, on Zoom so there are some small sound discrepancies but don't worry, the content still rocks!
The intro and outro music ("Neon Attack 80s") is by Emanmusic.
The other music ("ABCD") is by Pudge, ("Street Graffiti") is by Julio Kladniew
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.